Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I love May


I have to start this post by first saying that I love May. It's the real start of spring here in Rexburg and this past week has been beautiful. I first have to tell a little bit about my birthday. I woke up on my birthday and my wonderful hubby was so excited that it was my birthday, but he lovingly told me to go back to sleep since I didn't have to be up at the time he left for work. I reset my alarm and got up about an hour later. I did all of my homework the day before so I could just enjoy the day. I got up and watched an episode of Army Wives while I painted my nails. When my dad was deployed my mom and I used to watch that show all of the time but I had never seen the first couple of seasons so I decided to just watch the first episode and it was so relaxing. Matt called me in the morning and told me happy birthday again and told me to be home at 12:30. I was so confused and my best friend Alyssa was going to go out to lunch with me for my birthday. I called Alyssa and told her that our lunch plans would have to change a little bit, but it turned out being great. After I got out of class at 12:15 me and Alyssa walked to my apartment and we ordered pizza. It was so fun to hang out with her on my birthday and just do what best friends do. I love that girl! It took forever for our pizza to show up but it finally did and we enjoyed eating. Around 1:30 there was a knock on the door and flowers were delivered to me. Not were they any flowers they were my favorite flowers, sunflowers. There was a little note from Matt and it totally made my day. I knew he felt bad he couldn't be with me on my birthday but it was so thoughtful of him to have flowers sent to me. After that, Alyssa and I walked back to campus because we both had class and then after class I came home and I was able to talk to my mom on the phone and to my other best friend Joanna who is down in Utah. I haven't had a chance to talk to Joanna since she came up for my wedding so it was so good to finally get to talk. It was such a lovely day. After that I was able to get ready to go out for dinner because Matt would be home any minute. When he came through the door he brought in the bookshelf he made for me! I felt so bad because the night before he was out until 10:30 and he told me he was helping one of his buddies and I was sad because I didn't see him all day and I was a bit grumpy because he told me he wouldn't be gone long. I felt so horrible but then so grateful that he had worked so hard to make my birthday special. I've never had a gift like that, and I am so excited that we get to paint it together. It was so thoughtful of him, and I'm so grateful for him, he is the best. We went to Olive Garden for dinner and then came home to have cookies and ice cream. It was such a wonderful day thanks to so many people in my life who tried hard to make it special, especially my wonderful hubby. I love him so much. I have to say it was the best birthday I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment